Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Thursday 13 August 2015

The Festival of Quilts

We had a brilliant time at the Festival of Quilts at the NEC.  We were there for 2 days and one night, and when I got back I felt like I'd been gone a week... it was so good to take a breather from the harvest.  And my hotel room was not overlooking the air conditioning machinery so I couldn't grumble!

I'll show some pics of my favourite quilts, and try to label them right....

This one won the Bernina award -it's by Joy Savage and was made of tiny log cabins - it contains over 40,000 pieces.  Oh, and before you say she had too much time on her hands, she did it whilst doing her PGCE!


I liked the colours in this one by Kirsti Hovland in Norway - it's called 'The Milky Way - Stars Wondering

 
I think this one is by Sue Bibby, it was in the Miniature Quilt section.
 
 
This was by Kyoko Yamauchi
 
 
Her applique was stunning


Here are some I loved but can't say who made them





That's all for now.....but I'll put some more up tomorrow....

4 comments:

  1. Love that 3D effect one with the squares and the Milky Way one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think the 3D affect is camera shake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your hotel room this time. The quilts are fantastic. I especially like the kyoko one.

    ReplyDelete