Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm

Tuesday morning Pitch and Stitch - 10.00am to 1.00pm
This hanging from Annie Downs' Hatched and Patched book should be in every caravan as a cushion or decoration!

Monday 17 August 2015

Cracking on...


One more bit about the NEC:  I always love the Lea Lu stand and adore their beautiful French Chambray fabrics.  I bought a few fat quarters and when I got home remembered I'd bought some bits from them the other year.  Well, when I dug them out there was rather more than I thought (I was less frugal the last time I went) so filled with enthusiasm I've thrown together a shabby chic quilt - with the emphasis on the shabby.

I've used their chambray with Osnaburg so it's very light and summery.

Meanwhile, down on the farm things are a little less light and summery.  I Just took the boys down a cup of tea and a slice of strawberry shortcake each - they've been complaining that this harvest there has been a shortage of afternoon tea - and had a look to see how they're getting on.

The winter Barley and Rape is in, and now they're working on the wheat - so they are just over half way through.  Some of the wheat has been sold straight out of the field, but as usual we are filling up the barns.

George drives the corn cart from the field



and then tips the wheat out in the barn


Here the wheat is being taken through to the cleaner.


After it's been sieved all the chaff is blown out the side.

 
It goes along the conveyer to be piled up in the barn.


Dusty, dirty work.

 
Still, got to be done -and they do get tea and cake.

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a huge pile. Hope it`s been a good harvest....looks like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That was quick work making that quilt!
    Glad to see J and G are working hard - they deserve their tea and shortcake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes my nose itch just looking at a couple of those pictures! Strawberry shortcake - luxury!

    ReplyDelete